We seek opportunities, embrace challenges, and accept changes that improve our program. We review and adapt our processes to address the changing conditions around us by:
- Maintaining knowledge of trends in child welfare issues in order to effectively evaluate our processes
- Reviewing and revising processes to reflect best practices related to volunteer advocacy
- Proactively evaluate challenges and adapt policies and procedures to reduce risk to the program
- Use innovative and data-driven methods to effectively evaluate processes and changes
We collaborate within our organization, the National and State CASA networks, and other stakeholders to effectively and creatively fulfill our mission. We see each other as allies working toward the goal of best interest for the children we serve by:
- Maintaining the environment of teamwork and growth.
- Being considerate of other points of view to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Honorable and respectful involvement in the child welfare system, with the courts and other associated parties.
- Independent and educated recommendations, true to our understanding of each child's best interest, that prioritizes children's safety and, wherever possible, preserving connections to their family of origin.
We respect diversity in all forms, understanding it reflects and affects all aspects of our organization. We seek out ways to have greater awareness of opportunities to be more inclusive and welcoming by:
- Showing respect to self and others.
- Fostering a trusting, open and inclusive environment at all levels within the organization.
- Being conscious of the dynamics inherent when cultures interact.
- Managing the dynamics of difference, and acquiring and institutionalizing cultural knowledge.
- Inclusiveness, diversity, respect for all cultures and ethnicities: for children, families, volunteers, staff, Board of Directors, and supporters.
We believe each employee, volunteer Advocate, and our Board of Directors has an integral role to play in delivering excellent service to our program. We are responsive and proactive to the needs of the child victims of abuse and neglect, our community and our stakeholders by:
- Being efficient and effective in our approach to generate the best solution each time.
- Being reliable and responsive to our stakeholders.
- Providing excellence in all our endeavors.
We pursue excellence in everything we do to support our staff and volunteer Advocates in providing advocacy for abused and neglected children. We evaluate our processes and strive for continuous improvements by:
- Continually striving to increase our individual and collective professional knowledge and skills and to apply them to our work, celebrating our successes, and learning from our failures.
- Adopting best practices in nonprofit excellence.
- Empowering the community through professional screening, training, supervision and support of our volunteer Advocates.
We are committed to being responsive, respectful, honest, fair and humane. We address issues directly and express appreciation and uphold the values of our organization by:
- Honoring our commitments
- Adhering to the highest professional standards
- Being accountable to our stakeholders for our actions, successes, and failures
- Operating legally and ethically, contributing our time, resources and know-how to improve the organization and benefit those served
- Communicating openly up, down, and across the organization
We operate from a common purpose, doing what is best for our organization in order to serve the child victims of abuse and neglect in our community. We are committed to achieving financial accountability and sustainability through responsible management of resources entrusted to us to promote and protect the mission of our organization by:
- Upholding the CASA of Ohio Valley Mission, Vision and Values.
- Valuing sustainable progress as much as immediate achievements in developing long term programmatic and financial resources and partnerships.
- Evaluating and revising policies and processes for fiscal management for compliance with local, state and federal guidelines for nonprofit organizations.
- Exercising a high level of transparency around the financial resources we have been entrusted to manage.